The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of how actuators work and where they can be used, identifying the common defects found within different applications.
Each candidate will understand the basic design principles of various actuator types and be able to identify where different types of actuator can be used correctly.
The course is 50% workshop-based and practical training is carried out in our custom-built training workshop.
- What are actuators?
- Design features
- Selection considerations
- Identification of components
- Actuator types
- Common defects
- Performance monitoring
- Maintenance plans
- Workshop session
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the function of an actuator
- Identify typical applications
- Dismantle, inspect and reassemble basic actuator types
- State common defects and repair solutions
- Recognise potential problems that may cause loss of production or situations with safety implications
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians