This one day course aims to provide an understanding of how ball valves work; their applications, functions and common defects/suitable maintenance solutions for these.
The opportunity to dismantle, inspect and reassemble basic ball valve constructions is also provided through a workshop-based training session, delivered in our custom-built training workshop.
- What are ball valves?
- Why are ball valves used?
- Design features
- Ball valve types
- Selection process
- Ball valve components
- Common defects
- Performance measurement
- Maintenance plans
- Manufacturers' tags
- Figure numbers
- Design options
- Workshop session: Dismantle, inspect and reassemble basic ball valve constructions
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the function of a ball valve
- Identify typical applications
- Dismantle, inspect and reassemble basic ball valve constructions
- State common defects and repair solutions
- Identify potential problems that may cause loss of production or situations with safety implications
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians