The aim of this course is to reduce and prevent the leak of fugitive emissions and product loss by assisting technicians to recognise the signs of valve deterioration/compression packing failure and to use the correct compression packing techniques and materials to put effective maintenance routines in place.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the function of compression packing; its removal and inspection, and the installation of different packing types to valve glands and stuffing boxes. Safety and trapped pressure awareness are a primary focus.
The course is partially workshop-based and practical training is delivered in our custom-built training workshop.
- Overview of a Gland Seal and types of valves to find them in
- Common failures of compression packing
- Compression Packing types and material
- Inspection techniques
- Installation techniques
- Correct performance of removal and installation
- Correct Re-sizing of materials
- Focus on safety and risk awareness
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- List the valves that may have gland packing issues
- Understand the theory behind how compression packing works
- Identify the relevant packing types and materials
- Use the correct inspection techniques
- Carry out the correct removal and installation procedures
- Understand the potential risks and relevant safety precautions
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians