Pressure Safety Valves (PSV)
It's paramount for safety that anyone working around PSVs understands how they function, has the ability to recognise common faults and knows exactly how to rectify these. Score has provided comprehensive PSV overhaul and test services for all types of relief valve to the energy industries worldwide for over 30 years. Our team of over 100 field service technicians are trained in-house and our courses are continually updated based on experiences in the field, making our training team second to none when it comes to PSV training.
In addition to the 2 day Direct Spring PSV and 2 day Pilot Operated PSV courses we now offer this 3 day combined course that covers both Direct Spring and Pilot Operated PSVs.
Training focuses on:
- An overview of PSV types, fail modes and insight into issues
- PSV terminology
- Interpretation of PSV tag information
- The function and operation of various PSV types
- How to recognise common defects and the causes of poor performance
- Guidance on problems found during strip down, component inspection and reassembly
- PSV calibration
- Pilot operated PSVs
- Maintenance programmes
- PSV overhaul and test procedures (including test specifications )
- Pilot operated PSV overhaul and test procedures
Workshop-based training also covers:
- The rectification of common PSV faults/defects
- Pre-test strip down, rebuild, testing and re-certification of direct spring (conventional and bellows) and pilot operated PSVs
- Pilot operated PSVs
- PSV test verification/witnessing
- Completion of examples of relevant documentation
Practical training is delivered in our custom-built training workshop, resourced with a full range of specialist equipment including a PSV test cell.
An extensive range of training valves in a variety of conditions is used during workshop sessions to provide training delegates with experience in realistic working scenarios.
Particular brands of PSV may be sourced for training on request.
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- Identify PSV types including conventional, bellows and pilot operated
- Describe function and operation
- State common defects
- Test and certify conventional, bellows and pilot operated PSVs
- Understand key elements in strip and refurbishment
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians